IFE Group is a team of leading modelers and strategists with diverse specialization and experience in the areas of financial economics and econometrics. Financial analysts apply econometric and analytical tools to develop, validate, and enhance statistical and mathematical models in finance and economics in order to project how markets behave under varying conditions. They also develop tests and standards to assess the models’ accuracy or predictive powers, while collaborating on model development, risk management, financial management, and capital market projects for economic and policy analysis, projection, and reporting. This position involves continuous communication with various business clients and partners to provide analytical support.
- Master’s in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics Finance, or related field, or a Bachelor’s in a related field with 2 years of work experience
- Advanced academic training or empirical experience in econometrics or statistics, including data preparation and model estimation
- Superior problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills at all levels within the company, as well as with various external clients, through presentations and reports, including the ability to communicate technical results to a non-technical audience
- Experience with some of the following tools: SAS, SQL, Matlab, STATA, R, Java, C++, UNIX shell programming
- Experience working with very large datasets
- Ability to work in a team environment to establish and maintain relationships within and across groups
This is a full-time position primarily located in Rockville, Maryland. If you are interested, please submit your resume, transcript (if newly graduated), and references to email@example.com for consideration.